HOME / CABINETS D & E
George's Creek Regional History Exhibit -- Catalog
George's Creek Regional Library, Main Street, Lonaconing, Maryland
HOME / CABINETS D & E |
Wall Display |
Wall between Magazine Rack and Display Cabinet D
- Photo collage and history of Phillips Flower Shop, 1907-mid 1970's. (Donated by the Phillips family.)
|| Display Cabinet D |
- Hazel Thompson Craig. Becky Lou in Grandmother's Day, 1968. (children's book by a former Lonaconing resident.)
- James W. Thomas and T. J. C. Williams. History of Allegany County. 1923?
- Scrapbook of Lefty Grove memorabilia
- Ruth Bear Levy. Wee Bit of Scotland.
[See the Library Small Reading Room for four framed prints of paintings by Levy depicting her life in Lonaconing.]
- Complete Works of Robert Burns, 2 volumes, originally from Scotland, rebound. (Donated by William C. Abbott.)
- Life of Robert Burns (J. D. Sutherland); "Robert Burns," Poet of the Democracy series. rebound. (Donated by William C. Abbott.)
- Framed medallion and portrait of Burns above display cabinet. (Donated by William C. Abbott.)
|| Window Display E |
- Lefty Grove baseball cards, signed baseball, and 1929 Philadelphia Athletics photograph (American League Pennant winners).
(Donated by Richard Grandstaff.)
- Grove's golf club and rule book. rebound. (Donated by Robert "Fish" Muir)
- American League Most Valuable Player, 1931. (First one presented.)
- Silver tray presented to Grove by the Boston Sports Lodge, B'nai B'rith, May 8, 1955.
- Framed photograph of Grove holding the MVP trophy. (Donated by Robert L. Brown.)
Miscellaneous Item |
Black shawl with braid: oldest item in History Room Exhibit; worn by Mrs. Muir (early Scottish immigrant to Lonaconing, circa 1845)
Questions? Comments! - - - Lonaconing@midatlantic.cc
Georges Creek History Exhibit, P.O.Box 240, Lonaconing, MD 21539
copyright waived, 2010 - RK&A/Web8, Lonaconing, Maryland - firstname.lastname@example.org